Interactive Corporate Services
Welcome to the Department of Secretary of State's Interactive Corporate Services online. Listed below are the available services separated by function. Some fee-based services may require the use of a credit card or subscription with InforME.
We hope you find this site convenient and easy to use. Click here for more information about the services offered. To get started, simply click on the desired service.
Corporate Name Search and Related Services
- Corporate Search - Search by name or charter number to:
- View information summary for an entity and verify status
- View list of corporate filings
- Download Certificates of Existence - Good Standing (Fee)
- Download copies of corporate filings (Fee)
- Authentication Service - Verify the authenticity of a certified document.
- Document Copy Retrieval Service (Credit card orders) - Retrieve a copy of a document previously downloaded within the last 15 days.
- Document Copy Retrieval Service (Subscriber orders) - Retrieve a copy of a document previously downloaded within the last 15 days.
- Miscellaneous services, lists, and bulk data - Descriptions of agency services and fees, standard entity lists, and database downloads.
- Corporate Fraud Monitoring - Receive email notifications when new filings are made to business entities. This service automatically checks for new filings processed on a daily basis.
Annual Reports and Related Services - The legal filing deadline is June 1st
- Annual Reports Online - Use this service to:
- File a single Annual Report (Fee)
- Manage and file multiple Annual Reports (Subscriber only)
- Paper Annual Report Form - Download a preprinted Annual Report form for your entity to print, complete and submit to our office. (Free download)
- Late Filing Penalties Online - Pay your late filing penalty using a credit card or subscriber account. (Fee)
- Change of Address Service - Change the address of the non-commercial clerk or non-commercial registered agent or change the principal or home office address of an entity. (Fee)
Commercial/Non-Commercial Clerks and Registered Agents
- Commercial Clerk or Commercial Registered Agent (CRA) Listing Management Service
- Use this service to:
- Create a new CRA listing as an organization (must be organized or qualified to do business in Maine) or as an individual (only Maine residents can be a commercial clerk)
- Update your listing information
- View your list of represented entities (by entire list or by date range)
- Resign as the CRA from one or more represented entities
- Terminate your listing as a CRA in Maine.
- Commercial Clerk and Commercial Registered Agent (CRA) Listing - View the list of current CRAs who have filed a statement of listing as a Commercial Clerk or Commercial Registered Agent in Maine. (Free)
- Non-Commercial Clerk or Non-Commercial Registered Agent Search (Subscriber only)
General Online Services
- Service of Trustee Process
- Obtain the designated officer for a financial institution or credit union for service of trustee process (Free)
- Financial institutions or credit unions may file an initial or renewed designation for service of trustee process (Subscriber only)
- Corporate Resources - Under Bureau Information, select an entity type for information pertaining to applicable Maine statutes, filing requirements, rules, forms and other information. All forms are in a "fillable" format to complete online, print and mail to our office together with the applicable filing fee. (The free Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher is required)
- Subscriber Account Management - Use this page to access all subscriber services related to Corporations, UCC, and Commissions.